Reporting to the Manager of Children’s Services, the Occupational Therapist will work collaboratively with other professionals to provide quality programs and services to children, youth and their families. This position will be based out of Thorold and travel may be required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting assessment and treatment as required for children and youth who have a diagnosis of a Developmental Disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The Occupational Therapist will develop and implement direct and indirect intervention plans. In conjunction with other clinicians, the successful candidate will be required to complete assessments, provide treatment and provide subsequent service referrals/recommendations, as appropriate.
• Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
• 2 – 3 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist
• Experience working with individuals who have a Developmental Disability and/or ASD
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapist of Ontario
• Mandatory membership and licensure with professional association (i.e. Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists, Canadian Association of Occupational Therapist )
• NVCI and First Aid are an asset
• French/English bilingualism is an asset.
Submit applications, indicating the job posting number to:
Human Resources Department, 3280 Schmon Parkway, Thorold, ON L2V 4Y6
Telephone: (905) 684-6918 ext. 257 Fax: (905) 684-5866
Applicants must have COVID Vaccination. All public health guidelines followed including use of PPE (which is supplied)