Join One of Canada's Best Managed Companies!
Located in the beautiful Niagara Region, Book Depot Inc. is an innovative leader in the bargain book industry, and we have been for more than 30 years. Today, our massive 500,000 square foot distribution facility pushes the limits of technology to process new stock and ship all over the world every day. We are an essential business and have been open throughout the pandemic to deliver books into the hands of those that need them the most. We are pleased to be offering a signing bonus of $100 for our afternoon full-time positions, on the second paycheque.
At Book Depot Inc. we believe that reading is at the heart of enchanting the mind, and it is our shared responsibility to bring this purpose to life. Our culture and everything that we do is guided by our core values:
- WE NOT ME – we understand that success is fleeting if we don’t put others first
- KICK SOME MOON DUST – we believe that the key to greatness is to be willing to go where no one has ever gone before
- RIDE TOGETHER. WIN TOGETHER – we believe that the whole TEAM is greater than the sum of its individual players and Together Everyone Achieves More
- WE EAT THE STINKY CHEESE – we have a curious mind, and never stop learning
- WAKE UP. BE AWESOME. REPEAT – we believe that working hard is the result of a great attitude and passion for living each day at our best, and
- NO DONKEYS – we know that life is too short to work with, or do business with, those that think and act like donkeys.
We are looking to grow the Book Depot Inc. family with enthusiastic and driven individuals who share our values and passion for achieving results within an environment of continuous growth and innovation.
To learn more about Book Depot Inc., please visit our website at: https://www.bookdepot.ca/Help/AboutUs
We are happy to share with you that we are back filling some exciting job opportunities: permanent, full-time Warehouse Associates on our afternoon shift (Tuesday to Saturday 3:45 p.m.–12:15 a.m.) at our Thorold Distribution Centre.
- Working afternoon (Tuesday to Saturday 3:45 p.m. – 12:15 a.m.) shifts, as assigned, arriving on time and ready to work.
- Regular lifting of totes and boxes that weigh approximately 45 lbs.
- Working effectively and conscientiously with your team members and completing book-handling tasks in various departments as required (i.e. sorting, shipping)
- Carrying out book-handling tasks that require all-day standing and repetitive movements including: bending, squatting, and lifting
- Upholding safe and lean work procedures in accordance with Book Depot’s Health and Safety Program
- Maintaining Book Depot Inc.’s standards, productivity and accuracy levels
- Using our warehouse management computer software to ensure the accuracy of our inventory and/or customer orders
- Completion of grade 12 education or equivalent
- Experience working in a warehouse is an asset
- Positive attitude, punctual and strong work ethic; ability to work in a high-performing and fast-paced work environment
- Comfort using computers for basics tasks
- Basic English communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail, identifying and sharing continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to work independently, while part of a team
Please note that CSA approved “green triangle patch” safety shoes or boots are required for all of our positions.
We very much appreciate and thank you for your application and interest in Book Depot Inc., however, only those individuals selected to participate in our interview process will be contacted. We will keep all resumes received for one year.
Book Depot Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations necessary.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Book Depot Inc. and our current opportunities, please visit our website at: https://bookdepot.ca/help/careers or send your resume to [email protected]. We look forward to connecting soon!