We’re a diversified team of over 1800+ world-class hospitality professionals working in more than 150 unique business roles running numerous hotels, restaurants, unique retail, attractions and spa businesses under a 120- acre roof. We're also part of an even larger private North American hospitality enterprise which spans both Canada and the United States- and includes our 2 other Niagara Falls sister hotels - the Marriott Fallsview and Marriott on the Falls Hotels. And if that's not impressive enough to outline the wealth of career opportunities we can offer you - we even have our onsite brewery - the Niagara Brewing Company! We principally choose to operate our businesses in co-operation with some of the World’s most- respected and most- valued brands: Sheraton, Christienne Spa, Crowne Plaza, Massimo's, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark – to name but a few. Many of our businesses are award winning & internationally- recognized as best in class: Sheraton Conference Centre, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Hershey, 4 Starbucks, and Perkins. Our Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is internationally recognized by the World Waterpark Association and TripAdvisor and we’re a previous winner of the Distinguished Hotelier of the Year Gold award for the Falls Avenue Resort. If you aspire to be part of a business that continually pushes itself for greatness and makes Niagara Falls even more unique.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
This position is responsible for ensuring efficient room set up for meetings, banquets, conferences, weddings, and other events to clients’ satisfaction.
The Banquet Porter is responsible for setting up rooms, maintaining storage and service areas. Ensure clean banquet rooms by vacuuming and performing other cleaning duties. Assist with decorating including hanging banners. Assist with the service of concession stands and meal functions, providing coffee service, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as it pertains to exceptional standards of cleanliness efficiency, and organization of work
- Outstanding attention to detail - both personal grooming/appearance and in set up for meetings, banquets, conferences and weddings
- Ensure immediate response to all guest needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another porter’s needs
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Porter experience preferred
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high-energy level and speed
- Must be willing and able to perform duties of a physical nature - often required to push, pull and lift heavy items (50lbs)
- Ability to work in a quiet, orderly fashion so as not to disturb meetings that are in progress
- Demonstrate reading comprehension ability (i.e. Assist guests in reading of company / local tourism literature in order to increase guest satisfaction during stay/ visit)
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Perform any other duties as required by management to ensure quality customer service
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, weekends and holidays
Interested candidates must apply through our careers website (https://fallsavenuecareers.ca/job-opportunities/banquet-porter/)