We’re a diversified team of over 1800+ world-class hospitality professionals working in more than 150 unique business roles running numerous hotels, restaurants, unique retail, attractions and spa businesses under a 120- acre roof. We're also part of an even larger private North American hospitality enterprise which spans both Canada and the United States- and includes our 2 other Niagara Falls sister hotels - the Marriott Fallsview and Marriott on the Falls Hotels. And if that's not impressive enough to outline the wealth of career opportunities we can offer you - we even have our onsite brewery - the Niagara Brewing Company! We principally choose to operate our businesses in co-operation with some of the World’s most- respected and most- valued brands: Sheraton, Christienne Spa, Crowne Plaza, Massimo's, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark – to name but a few. Many of our businesses are award winning & internationally- recognized as best in class: Sheraton Conference Centre, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Hershey, 4 Starbucks, and Perkins. Our Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is internationally recognized by the World Waterpark Association and TripAdvisor and we’re a previous winner of the Distinguished Hotelier of the Year Gold award for the Falls Avenue Resort. If you aspire to be part of a business that continually pushes itself for greatness and makes Niagara Falls even more unique.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
This position is responsible for ensuring enthusiastic, courteous and quality welcoming and departing service is provided to guests.
This includes: providing excellence in guest service and acting as an enthusiastic liaison between the hotel and our guests and tour clients, always happy to offer services and alternatively, respond to guest requests and concerns in a helpful, personal, prompt and courteous manner, facilitating a smooth and efficient check-in and check-out of guests, being an ambassador to the Hotel by welcoming all arriving guests and wholeheartedly thanking departing guests for staying with us, communicating and developing relationships with all supporting departments, supporting other Front Office functions including Reception and any other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to enthusiastically greeting guests/making them feel welcomed and important as well as impeccable standards of dress, cleanliness and professionalism in order to make a professional first impression.
- Demonstrated perpetual cheerfulness and extroversion in order to host/entertain each guest, modifying personal delivery as appropriate to different types of guests’ needs, interests, and desires (Adults, children, couples, cultural, etc.).
- Demonstrated willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, professional presentation and communication skills when dealing with guests and employees.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanour, and level of required service attention.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure at all times, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products; Employs persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters.
- Takes initiative and provides friendly and proactive customer service while supporting their colleagues.
- Demonstrated reading comprehension ability (i.e. Assist guests in reading of company/local tourism literature in order to increase guest satisfaction during stay/visit.
- Passionate and detailed knowledge of Resort, Niagara Falls, activities and attractions.
- Previous experience dealing with public and hotel operations.
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume; high -energy level/speed.
- Demonstrated reliability; willingness and ability to work any hour and on short notice.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job, particularly regularly lifting and /or carrying of guest baggage (i.e., lift up to 50 lbs.).
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards.
Interested candidates must apply through our careers website (https://fallsavenuecareers.ca/job-opportunities/bellperson/)