We’re a diversified team of over 1800+ world-class hospitality professionals working in more than 150 unique business roles running numerous hotels, restaurants, unique retail, attractions and spa businesses under a 120- acre roof. We're also part of an even larger private North American hospitality enterprise which spans both Canada and the United States- and includes our 2 other Niagara Falls sister hotels - the Marriott Fallsview and Marriott on the Falls Hotels. And if that's not impressive enough to outline the wealth of career opportunities we can offer you - we even have our onsite brewery - the Niagara Brewing Company! We principally choose to operate our businesses in co-operation with some of the World’s most- respected and most- valued brands: Sheraton, Christienne Spa, Crowne Plaza, Massimo's, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark – to name but a few. Many of our businesses are award winning & internationally- recognized as best in class: Sheraton Conference Centre, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Hershey, 4 Starbucks, and Perkins. Our Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is internationally recognized by the World Waterpark Association and TripAdvisor and we’re a previous winner of the Distinguished Hotelier of the Year Gold award for the Falls Avenue Resort. If you aspire to be part of a business that continually pushes itself for greatness and makes Niagara Falls even more unique.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
This position is responsible for satisfying the guest brewery dining experience by ensuring passionate, accurate, sanitary, and efficient food preparation is provided at all times, according to menu specifications ( ingredients and portion size) and work environment is maintained in an organized and clean condition.
Prepare and assemble menu items according to pre-established menu specifications. Report and arrange for advance/timely replenishment of off-site menu items with offsite kitchen based upon estimates for the day’s consumption and remaining food item balances. Receive, stock, store, rotate food products. Clean kitchen utensils, equipment, cooking devices and surfaces. Perform basic line cooking under direction of a Kitchen Lead or Management and any associated duties.
- Demonstrate willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks for multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in a fast paced kitchen food assembly environment where attention to detail and consistency
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a small team setting
- Ability to take supervision and work direction with regards to multiple food preparation and kitchen duty assignments
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly learn basic kitchen tasks with minimal difficulty in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow recipes/food preparation/cooking and baking instructions and food portioning and waste disposal
- Ability to prep foods – production prep by peeling/cutting vegetables, fruit, potatoes etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a variety of kitchen knives – safety and efficiently – using appropriate personal protection equipment
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks with the same high level of consistency/quality until completion
- Demonstrate the ability to thoroughly clean all kitchen equipment, counters and sweeping/mopping of floors in order to maintain a sanitary work environment
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Must be able to work all evening shifts including weekends and holidays
- Completion of Public Health Food Handler’s course preferred
Interested candidates must apply through our careers website (https://fallsavenuecareers.ca/job-opportunities/brewery-cook/)