We’re a diversified team of over 1800+ world-class hospitality professionals working in more than 150 unique business roles running numerous hotels, restaurants, unique retail, attractions and spa businesses under a 120- acre roof. We're also part of an even larger private North American hospitality enterprise which spans both Canada and the United States- and includes our 2 other Niagara Falls sister hotels - the Marriott Fallsview and Marriott on the Falls Hotels. And if that's not impressive enough to outline the wealth of career opportunities we can offer you - we even have our onsite brewery - the Niagara Brewing Company! We principally choose to operate our businesses in co-operation with some of the World’s most- respected and most- valued brands: Sheraton, Christienne Spa, Crowne Plaza, Massimo's, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark – to name but a few. Many of our businesses are award winning & internationally- recognized as best in class: Sheraton Conference Centre, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Hershey, 4 Starbucks, and Perkins. Our Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is internationally recognized by the World Waterpark Association and TripAdvisor and we’re a previous winner of the Distinguished Hotelier of the Year Gold award for the Falls Avenue Resort. If you aspire to be part of a business that continually pushes itself for greatness and makes Niagara Falls even more unique.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
This position is responsible for performing and overseeing the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of a wide variety of food products by methods and techniques directed by the Chef at a level of journeyman of the cooking trade in a safe, efficient, and with respect to the general public, healthy manner, as well as the instruction and training of apprentice cooks on duty stations, and assuming responsibility for any culinary station.
Supervise, train, coach, counsel and delegating tasks to apprenticeship cooks, kitchen workers and lead cooks, according to individual skill level and competency. The position is also responsible for assuming any culinary station, depending on business/staffing issues, as well as completing smaller functions in their entirety.
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as it pertains to exceptional standards of food preparation, cooking and presentation, including service timing in a team-based environment
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all stations/equipment of a typical fine dining culinary operation consistently, efficiently and safely
- Outstanding attention to detail - taste, touch, olfactory and visual as they pertain to quality assurance /inspecting, selecting and approving food ingredients for cooking use and subsequent recipe preparation and cooking- particularly as they apply to a farm to table culinary environment
- Outstanding culinary skills, including manual dexterity in regards to efficiency, safety and health within the kitchen in both food quality and quantity of food prepared
- Perpetually positive work demeanour in order to add to a positive team environment
- Positive and patient demeanour as it pertains to supervising, assigning work/ assessing, teaching, correcting and modifying various levels of culinary skill
- Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff - leads all staff by example
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to maintain composure/ work under pressure
- Three to five year’s previous cooking experience in a comparable fine dining culinary operation, preferably with farm to table experience
- Must possess Canadian Red Seal certification or equivalent, accredited diploma in culinary Arts or completed industry certified apprenticeship at an equivalent level
- Accredited diploma in culinary arts or completed industry certified apprenticeship at an equivalent level
- Must be able to work all evening shifts including weekends and holidays
Interested candidates must apply through our careers website (https://fallsavenuecareers.ca/job-opportunities/chef-de-partie/)