We’re a diversified team of over 1800+ world-class hospitality professionals working in more than 150 unique business roles running numerous hotels, restaurants, unique retail, attractions and spa businesses under a 120- acre roof. We're also part of an even larger private North American hospitality enterprise which spans both Canada and the United States- and includes our 2 other Niagara Falls sister hotels - the Marriott Fallsview and Marriott on the Falls Hotels. And if that's not impressive enough to outline the wealth of career opportunities we can offer you - we even have our onsite brewery - the Niagara Brewing Company! We principally choose to operate our businesses in co-operation with some of the World’s most- respected and most- valued brands: Sheraton, Christienne Spa, Crowne Plaza, Massimo's, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark – to name but a few. Many of our businesses are award winning & internationally- recognized as best in class: Sheraton Conference Centre, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Hershey, 4 Starbucks, and Perkins. Our Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is internationally recognized by the World Waterpark Association and TripAdvisor and we’re a previous winner of the Distinguished Hotelier of the Year Gold award for the Falls Avenue Resort. If you aspire to be part of a business that continually pushes itself for greatness and makes Niagara Falls even more unique.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
This position is responsible for creating and driving the guest dining experience by ensuring expert, experienced and advanced culinary technique to guarantee passionate, sophisticated, food preparation and kitchen efficiency is provided at all times.
Assist in the efficient operations of the kitchen to ensure customers receive quality service and meals. This lead hand position may work in any of the areas of preparation within a dynamic kitchen and directs all staff in the absence of the Chef/Sous Chef. Lead a team of cooking professionals, prepare menu items and assist the Chef and Sous Chef with any additional tasks that may be required and assigned.
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as it pertains to exceptional standards of food preparation
- Demonstrate willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others
- Demonstrate the ability to trouble shoot any problem within the kitchen with proven problem solving capabilities
- Outstanding attention to detail - in regards to efficiency within the kitchen in both food quality/standards and service
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff - leads all staff by example
- Develops all staff to the best of their personal capabilities. Directs supervisory and non-supervisory staff in an efficient and forthright manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting
- Three to five year’s previous cooking experience in a comparable high volume, fast-paced fine dining kitchen
- Completion of Cook Apprentice Program
- Must be Red Seal Certified
- Must be able to work all evening shifts including weekends and holidays
- Strong team player – refers business leads outside of scope to applicable team members/properties
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
Interested candidates must apply through our careers website (https://fallsavenuecareers.ca/job-opportunities/cook-i/)