The Retail Store Manager is responsible for successfully operating and maximizing the net profitability of each assigned retail store. The Retail Store Manager is also a service provider to both the internal and an external customer base and supports and enhances overall customer service satisfaction at guests either staying at our hotels or visiting our attractions and restaurants. The role requires a “hands-on” Store Manager to drive and improve the customer visitation and corresponding store gross sales, net profit and customer satisfaction conversion. The role entails the five functions of management, (planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling.) through the application of differing management systems. Retail products may include fashion, general merchandise, souvenirs, and/ or food and beverage – or a combination.
As a Retail Store Manager you will review and revise the retail store’s annual business plan, associated budgets, product selection, inventory and risk control plans. You will create strategies, tactics, and action plans designed to improve store revenue and profitability performance driven primarily by leading an employment culture that continually inspires the team to seek better sales results and strive for continually increasing store profitability in the most efficient and effective manner while providing a great customer service experience. The Retail Store Manager ensures effective retail product selection and availability, pricing, and merchandising ; staff focus on selling products to customers via effective and optimal customer experiences; seasonal/ timely point of sale marketing; consistent application of store financial and cash controls, effective expense and cost management including product loss control; maintains brand standards (where applicable), and ensures a clean and safety store environment for both customers and staff. Responsible for managing/ minimizing store shrink through team awareness, enforcement of audit compliance and standards and rigid inventory control.
- 3+ years of progressive retail store management experience and accomplishments, including the preparation of business plans, store budgets, and effective and efficient store operating procedures and protocols.
- Above average sales and customer orientation: Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience. Establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff – leads all staff by example
- Above-average analytical and report writing skills as they pertain to problem/opportunity identification, analysis, and corresponding options/solutions
- Ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products; Employs positive persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters; Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated previous accomplishments in leading and supervising a team of sales associates
- Demonstrate ability to set high performance standards/ targets for each aspect of the operation and demonstrates urgency to achieve critical goals and objectives
- Competency in general accounting, basic mathematics, and report-writing as they pertain to creating and analyzing financial and related operational performance
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Focuses and develops all staff on key objectives to the best of their personal capabilities and directs staff in an efficient and forthright manner
- Enforces all health and safety/sanitation standards including preventative maintenance are maintained or otherwise provided for
- Working knowledge of computerized Point of Sales system, knowledge of micros preferred
- Knowledge and conversational ability to train staff to effortlessly provide exceptional guest experiences
- Train and correct staff, as required, in order to ensure all staff operate at a consistent level of performance
- Previous accomplishments in product selection/ buying, inventory management ( Yellow Dog an asset) and merchandising
- Microsoft and Excel skills to be able to update revenue reports and labour tracking
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
Interested candidates must apply through our careers website (https://fallsavenuecareers.ca/)