Located in Niagara Falls, Transitions College of Business & Career Studies is a registered Private Career College offering Diploma/Certificate programs, as well as Academic Upgrading and Computer Training. Transitions College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Transitions College is looking for an instructor to teach the Office Administrative Assistant Diploma and Accounting and Computer Applications Diploma programs. Teaching requirements include bookkeeping, office procedures, and customer service. Applicants must have excellent communication,
- Delivering lesson plans
- Issuing quizzes/assignments
- Assess quizzes/assignments
- Guide students through the curriculum
- Track student attendance
- Maintain progress reports
- Experience in Bookkeeping and Office Administration
All instructors employed by a private career college are required to:
- Have 48 months of work or teaching experience in the vocation, acquired within the preceding 10 years, or a combination of the two
Have 24 months of work or teaching experience in the vocation, acquired within the preceding 10 years, or a combination of the two, AND
- Hold a Bachelor degree from a Canadian university or an equivalent degree, OR
- Be a graduate of a College of Applied Arts and Technology or equivalent, OR
- Be a graduate of a registered Private Career College, or equivalent, OR
- Be a holder of a Certificate of Qualification under the Ontario Colleges of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009 or equivalent.